Re: Alternate for Captcha - Need suggestions

I don't remember where I read it, but I remember an excellent article
from a year or two ago advocating something like "negative captchas".

The idea was that since bots just fill out every form field on the page,
so you just need to make an input labeled with "Humans: don't write
anything in this field or your submission will be rejected", and then
hide the input and its label with css (probably a good candidate for
display:none).

Then your form processor just checks to ensure that field is blank.
Since very few (if any) spam bots have a css parser, they'll just fill
that field in with something and you can reject them.

I've not seen any implementations of this (that I'm aware of), or read
any studies on its effectiveness, but it might be something worth
looking into.

- Colin