Alternate for Captcha - Need suggestions

From: Priti Rohra <priti.rohra@n-syst.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 17:38:19 +0530
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi Everyone,

We have redeveloped a website where the clients emphasis was Accessibility, but finally, due to security, they have added a Code displayed as a captcha. The use of audio captcha's is something I don't want to recommend, since the organizations works in the area of  hearing impairment and also due to the problems with sound quality, etc.

I am considering suggesting a situation, where the person has to answer a question. If he can't answer, we can give an option to request another question.

The questions would be picked randomly like

  a.. What is the total of 2+2?
  b.. What is the color of an apple?
  c.. Which is the next day after Friday?

Would like some opinions on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Priti Rohra
Accessibility Consultant & Tester
Net Systems Informatics (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Web: www.n-syst.com

www.barrierbreak.com

blog: www.barrierbreak.com/blog