Re: Major UK bank wont listen

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:53:16 +0200, Simon Evans
<simon.evans@rixcentre.org> wrote:

> I'm scrabbling round looking for (UK) examples at the minute and would be
> grateful if anyone has precedents (or cases that were settled pre-court
> for
> plaintiff) which contradict the above - the only solid case I have the
> details of is more clear cut and relates to an examinee who couldn't
> effectively access an online test via screen reader.

Contacting either RNIB or the W3C Office in the UK might be a good way to
find out more. (Or not - confidentiality is something that a lot of places
like). There were certainly results where the response was to actually
improve the accessibility of the website. And others, such as the current
case, where someone said they would do something but the implementation
was really ust a sorry joke.

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com  Catch up: Speed Dial  http://opera.com