RE: examples of sites with good accessibility

Derek Featherstone wrote:
> Hi Bob... I'm just going over your comments on John Foliot's test
> page at http://wats.ca/test1.html

It also needs to be reiterated that this was banged out very, very quickly -
to be used to test specific behaviors with JAWS.  My friend and regular
daily user of JAWS (James G.) went through the page and recorded both MP3
files (which will be shared), as well as to note what exactly he was able to
get from each of the different scenarios.  To that end, being "cryptic" was
one of the initial parameters... I didn't want him to know what to expect,
but rather to go into the test (if all will pardon the poor choice of
expression) blind.

Each of the 8 tests uses an image (an identical image in each instance) with
various combinations of ALT, Title, and LONGDESC.  Other users are
encouraged to test this with their screen reading set-up and report back if
you wish.  James was using JAWS 7 (standard installation), but I would be
curious if you are a daily user with a different set-up configuration.  As
Derek points out, we need to know what works, and what doesn't, and why. You
would think that we would have good data on this, but apparently we don't
(if you have been following this thread from the beginning you know).

You are invited to report back via this list, or directly to me off list.  I
will compile results in the next few days (based on any feedback).  Please
be sure to include your configuration settings in any report.

Cheers!

JF