Language changes and abbreviations in alt and title attributes

From: Sylvie Duchateau <sylvie.duchateau@snv.jussieu.fr>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:36:13 +0200
To: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hello all,
Do you know if there is a means to specifiy language changes in a alt attribute or in the title of a link?
For example, if the alt of an image is : "Welcome to the Musée du Louvre"
how can I specify that "musée du louvre" is in French?

Second, if I have a link title or an alt attribute containing an abbreviation how can I expand this abbreviation?
Example: alt="UNO Homepage" title="UNO Homepage"
How can I specify that UNO means United Nations Organisation ?

If there is no means to specify language changes or abbreviations in alt or titles, how can I meet checkpoints 14.1 and 14.2?

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Best regards
Sylvie