Re: Language changes and abbreviations in alt and title attributes

From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 05:41:41 -0400
Cc: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: sylvie.duchateau@snv.jussieu.fr

The examples below sound like link text to me.  I have seen links
that were individually changed to their respective languages.

Thanks!

On Oct 17, 2006, at 4:36 AM, Sylvie Duchateau wrote:

Hello all,
Do you know if there is a means to specifiy language changes in a alt
attribute or in the title of a link?
For example, if the alt of an image is : "Welcome to the Musée du
Louvre"
how can I specify that "musée du louvre" is in French?

Second, if I have a link title or an alt attribute containing an
abbreviation how can I expand this abbreviation?
Example: alt="UNO Homepage" title="UNO Homepage"
How can I specify that UNO means United Nations Organisation ?

If there is no means to specify language changes or abbreviations in
alt or titles, how can I meet checkpoints 14.1 and 14.2?

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Best regards
Sylvie