Re: Incorporating Flash into a Website

From: Christopher Hoffman <christopher.a.hoffman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:28:44 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
There was an article on A List Apart a few years ago (
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/) that covered embedding Flash
without the non-standard embed tag. Does the method described work
universally?

In re using document.write() to add non-standard markup and still get
through the validators, if anything it seems a little like cheating. I could
after all manipulate the DOM to change all my h1's to font tags and put all
my positioned div's into table cells, and then still be valid XHTML 1.0Strict.

Chris