Re: Incorporating Flash into a Website

From: Christopher Hoffman <christopher.a.hoffman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:28:44 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
There was an article on A List Apart a few years ago (
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/) that covered embedding Flash
without the non-standard embed tag. Does the method described work

In re using document.write() to add non-standard markup and still get
through the validators, if anything it seems a little like cheating. I could
after all manipulate the DOM to change all my h1's to font tags and put all
my positioned div's into table cells, and then still be valid XHTML 1.0Strict.