RE: User friendly 404s reconsidered

From: Jesper Tverskov <jesper@tverskov.dk>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:20:17 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Orion Adrian writes:

"In general the article feels like it's your opinion and not based on a
study."

_ _ _ _ _

... Others have expressed the same feeling.

Yes, it would be nice if some usability study could document what error
messages work and not. Others are much better doing that but I hope I
provide something useful anyway.

My approach is based on my general knowledge of usability, accessibility and
best practices and on my own experience as a web designer. That is probably
what gives my article drive and direction: I try to do what I preach myself
and I feel strongly about it.

Best regards,
and thanks for the response,

Jesper Tverskov