RE: AAA & Roman numerals

From: Colin Lieberman <clieberman@dralegal.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:40:22 -0700
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> A useful related question would be: how do screen readers deal with
> ordered lists that use roman numerals?

I asked a coworker who uses Jaws for everything. The results are quite
surprising:

For ordered lists, Jaws reads "I, 2, 3..." It gets everything except the
first one.

My attempt at using a lang attribute in the acronym tag turned out to be
worthless: Jaws reads <acronym lang="la" title="Part V">V</acronym> as "la
V".