RE: AAA & Roman numerals

Well, it would do - thinking about it - Doesn't JAWS parse the <ol> and subsequent <li> tags and ignore the CSS/style which makes the type of number visible?

John

 -----Original Message-----
 From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org on behalf of Colin Lieberman
 Sent: Thu 06/10/2005 18:40
 To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
 Subject: RE: AAA & Roman numerals

 > A useful related question would be: how do screen readers deal with
 > ordered lists that use roman numerals?

 I asked a coworker who uses Jaws for everything. The results are quite
 surprising:

 For ordered lists, Jaws reads "I, 2, 3..." It gets everything except the
 first one.

 My attempt at using a lang attribute in the acronym tag turned out to be
 worthless: Jaws reads <acronym lang="la" title="Part V">V</acronym> as "la
 V".