Re: WCAG 1.0 checkpoint 10.4

From: Léonie Watson <lw@nomensa.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:05:13 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Gautier Barrere wrote:

	"I have one question concerning the checkpoint 10.4:
	If you use forms : "Until user agents handle empty controls correctly, include default, place-holding characters in edit boxes and text areas."".

	As I understand it, this is something specifically related to edit boxes and text areas.

	"But how can I do if I use radio ou check button ? (for instance for the gender choice, between, "man and woman")
	I should do a choice by default, for instance "man" but it won't ensure relevance of the data gathered (Indeed, I'm sure that a lot of women won't change this, even if they will respond to my form)."

	One solution would be to include a third option: Male/Female/Unconfirmed, with the third option selected as default. This would keep your information accurate.

Regards,
Léonie.

--
Léonie Watson - Head of Accessibility, Nomensa
http://www.nomensa.com/