Re: looking for an accessible data table:

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:45:03 +0100 (CET)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On 17 Feb, Bailey, Bruce wrote:

>> My example was using 2.8.5rel7 - did you try increasing the
>> window size, or decreasing the font size?
>
> That made all the difference for me.  Initially my results were like
> Adams's.  With a wide enough display, my experience was more like
> Tina's.

  I suspected as much. Lynx, for all its virtues (it is STILL my
  favourite browser) is limited in - in this context - how it can render
  a table. On occasion, to get columsn to line up properly, a much wider
  screen than expected is needed. (alt. a smaller font, like the one I
  used in my example)

> FYI the (current) end of the thread at the Blinux List can be found at

  Hm. Yes. I'm afraid I can't quite agree with them. Lynx is still under
  development, and it does actually support quite a bit of HTML 4; up
  until a few years ago it supported *more* so than Mozilla and Opera;
  IE has still not caught on to things like LINK-based navigation.

  But yes, certainly, Lynx *do* have limitations in its table support.
  No surprise, really.

   [+46] 0708 557 905