Re: Skip to links and Breadcrumbs

From: iris <wai@jarmin.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:16:03 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

At 09:58 14/02/05 -0600, you wrote:

> I have always consider the breadcrumb as part of the navigation, not the main
> content, so I place the anchor after the breadcrumb and before the heading.

i'd say it depends on whether you think it would be useful for the user to know
the context they are in.  on one site i maintain the skip link is the very
first thing people encounter, so it's helpful to tell them where they are, in
which section of the site, so i skip them to the breadcrumbs.  in your case
people come across the header (Social Worker Resources) first and are then
offered the skip to contents link.  your breadcrumbs don't provide any
information that isn't already in the header, so i would skip them straight to
the main contents.

iris

omnia mea mecum porto

<http://jarmin.com/>