Skip to links and Breadcrumbs

From: Janet Russeau <russeau@misd.k12.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:44:59 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I have a "skip to main content" link as the first link in my "tabbed"
navigation across the top of every page. As part of a site redesign, I have
been adding a list of "breadcrumb" links below the "tabbed" navigation and
above the heading in the main content section.

The question is...where should I put the named anchor tag for the "skip
to..." link? Do I put it before my breadcrumb list or before my heading
tag? If I put it in my breadcrumb list, do I need to add another "skip
to..." link that bypasses the breadcrumb and do I need to change my "skip
to..." link that I placed in my "tabbed" navigation?

I want the design of my pages to include mechanisms to aid accessibility
without being unnecessarily redundant.

The following is a link to a test page of my redesign. Please note that
most of the links are to actual pages that I'm in the process of redesigning.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, and please feel free to email me
directly and I will summarize for the list if desired.

Janet Russeau