Skip to links and Breadcrumbs

From: Janet Russeau <russeau@misd.k12.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:44:59 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I have a "skip to main content" link as the first link in my "tabbed"
navigation across the top of every page. As part of a site redesign, I have
been adding a list of "breadcrumb" links below the "tabbed" navigation and
above the heading in the main content section.

The question is...where should I put the named anchor tag for the "skip
to..." link? Do I put it before my breadcrumb list or before my heading
tag? If I put it in my breadcrumb list, do I need to add another "skip
to..." link that bypasses the breadcrumb and do I need to change my "skip
to..." link that I placed in my "tabbed" navigation?

I want the design of my pages to include mechanisms to aid accessibility
without being unnecessarily redundant.

The following is a link to a test page of my redesign. Please note that
most of the links are to actual pages that I'm in the process of redesigning.

http://misd.k12.mi.us/portals/sw/bips-fbas.html

Any input would be greatly appreciated, and please feel free to email me
directly and I will summarize for the list if desired.

Thanks,
Janet Russeau