Re: Accessible "munging" of e-mail addresses on web sites

From: Lynn Alford <lynn.alford@jcu.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:18:45 +1000
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

At 03:12 PM 12/02/2005 +1030, Matthew Smith wrote:

>I would be interested in any views on "munging" (disguising) e-mail
>addresses on web sites to prevent their being harvested by spammers
>(senders of unsolicited bulk e-mail).

What I have on my site is in a style sheet

.noshow { display: none;}

And on the page is

Send mail <a

I don't know if it is accessible, but the mail harvesters are *not* picking
it up.  When you see it onscreen it shows without the deletethis.  But the
mail harvesters must be trying to email deletethis.gmail.com .

Any reports on accessibility of this option are welcome.  the site is