Re: Screen Readers and Operating Systems (was Re: accessible banking:)

From: Nic Rodgers <nic.rodgers@enableinteractive.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:00:44 +0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Mac OS X can run 'true' Mac OS X applications but can also run any of the
thousands of X11 unix-based applications too...

>From the Apple Mac OS X website <http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/x11/>:

X11 for Mac OS X offers a complete X Window System implementation for
running X11-based applications on Mac OS X. Based on the de facto-standard
for X11, the open source XFree86 project, X11 for Mac OS X is compatible,
fast and fully integrated with Mac OS X. It includes the full X11R6.6
technology including a window server, libraries and basic utilities such as
xterm.

--

NIC RODGERS
Head of Technology