Re: problems with a web site tableless using mozilla and opera.

Hello Edson,

these are likely to be bugs in your stylesheet, or in one of the browsers.
I suggest you ask on a CSS discussion list for more detailed help, unless
someone here has an answer. (I suspect you could find a decent answer in
Brazilian Portuguese, actually. There are some smart people there. O fallo
um portonol muito horrible :-)

After looking quickly at the stylesheet I would make a couple of
suggestions:

Don't set a fixed width for the whole page. Although it means your layout
will stay more fixed, it also means that people whose effective window
size is less than 600px (for example, using low screen magnification) will
be forced to scroll horizontally as well as vertically.

Don't use x-small as a font size - it's too small for many people to read
comfortably. (So is small, actually. The reason I wear glasses now has a
lot to do with reading website text - my eyesight has not changed since I
was at school, and I managed to get through a history degree at
university, reading thousands of pages a year, without feeling any need
for them).

Don't use px-based layout schemes. It should be sufficient to make a
couple of div-and-float layouts even to get the current layout, and it
should help with keeping the search button and box consistently placed
(note that there is no such thing as visual consistency on the web anyway
- different browsers and operating systems have different presentation for
things like buttons and text even before users apply their preferences).

Best regards

Charles McCathieNevile

--
Charles McCathieNevile                 Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org                      http://www.sidar.org