From: "Kelly Pierce" <kpierce2000@earthlink.net>
To: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@handsontechnologeyes.com>; "wai-ig
list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 9:38 PM
Subject: Re: accessible banking:

David,

Are you saying that the Bank of America does not comply with priorities One
and two of the Web Content Accessibility guidelines, version 1.0?  A few
years ago it entered into a legal settlement agreeing to fully comply with
WCAG.  either it isn't doing so or the guidelines are inadequate.  Another
bank in the mid-Atlantic area where you live that entered into a similar
agreement was Wachovia.

I have had little contact with Bank of America.  I live in the only region
of the country (the upper Midwest) that the bank hasn't fully entered.  in
the last year, they have opened up a few branches here in Chicago but these
don't have talking ATM's.  It's ironic considering that the bank has several
thousand people based in Chicago, including a number of web developers.

Kelly