Re: Longdesc support in Opera 8 Re: Against test 9 (d-links)

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 20:06:55 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> we have a userJS extension to Opera which you can install to provide a
> link wherever there is a longdesc (img, frame, etc) and similar things
> like the cite attribute of blockquote elements. (It currently places a
> link whose text is "[more]" where a d-link might be placed by an author.

On a similar note, ages ago I made a simple extension for Firefox to add
some modicum of longdesc support (paradoxically, if an image has
longdesc, plain vanilla Firefox recognises it, but only displays it if
you choose to view an image's properties, and then it's not even
selectable/clickable).
The extension adds a new context menu for images with a longdesc, which
can be used to jump to the URI specified.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&id=273

(also see the experiment page under
http://www.splintered.co.uk/experiments/55/ and, once installed, visit
the demo page