Longdesc support in Opera 8 Re: Against test 9 (d-links)

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 01:49:34 +0200, Patrick H. Lauke
<redux@splintered.co.uk> wrote:

> Agreed. True, browsers still don't offer support for longdesc (as in
> exposing it to the user in any sensible manner), but if we don't
> deprecate it the onus falls...surprise...on the web developer to patch
> this gap.

Hi folks,

we have a userJS extension to Opera which you can install to provide a
link wherever there is a longdesc (img, frame, etc) and similar things
like the cite attribute of blockquote elements. (It currently places a
link whose text is "[more]" where a d-link might be placed by an author.

If you have Opera 8 and have not enabled userJS the userJS.org site
contains a page that explains it, as well as links to this and other
extensions.

Anyway, this particular extension is available at
http://userjs.org/scripts/browser/enhancements/frameset-links - feel free
to provide feedback about what it does right or wrong for you so we can
refine it.

cheers

Chaals

--