Re: Clear communication: (was RE: Re: Accessibility of "CHM" format resources)

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 10:10:21 +0100
Cc: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Stuart Smith wrote:
> Hi John
>
> Thanks for clarifying that. I think it does reinforce the need for clear language.
>
> I hope Governments and well meaning voluntary sector bodies do rethink their current drive to adopt the Accessibility Guidelines as standards. They need the flexibility to grow and mature over time and not become immovable in bureaucracy.

IME Governments look to the technical professions to provide panaceas
and magic wands. If they've already produced something and try to
explain that it is neither a panacea nor a magic wand they then suspect
the techies of keeping all the good magic wands to themselves.

--
Regards,
Jon Hanna

"I started to accept the mess I'm in. I know that mess spelled backwards
is ssem and I felt much better armed with that information."
- Tori Amos