FW: Access Keys

From: Knighton & Associates Ltd <publish@knighton.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 11:56:44 +1200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Dean Dyer wrote:
>>         A question on access keys: how many of you actually use them
>> on your sites?  If so, what do you use them for?  Every link?
>> Standard links?  Main navigation?  Seems like you could run out of
>> keys, especially if you try to stay away from standard menu access keys.

Our government (New Zealand) mandates a set of accesskeys for government
websites, so users only have to learn the one set for any government
website. More and more sites are including them - including not-for-profits
and local government.

What do we use them for? The standard set is:

0 list of access keys

1 home

2 site map

3 search