Re: Access Keys

From: Jon Gibbins (dotjay) <dotjay@nov5th.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:33:48 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Tina Holmboe wrote:

 >>guidelines). I don't use accesskeys in my day-to-day browsing, but I
 >>do use a lot of keyboard shortcuts. Alt+S in Firefox is one of them -
 >>I actually have to use the Greasemonkey extension to override sites
 >>using certain accesskeys!
 >
 >   Indeed a problem. But perhaps this might be a good time to report the
 >   bug to Mozilla/Firefox, so that they can correct it in later versions?

It's not a Firefox bug though. It's a keyboard shortcut which I can
change if I wished, but don't want to because I'm so used to using it -
I shouldn't have to change it! I can't change a website's accesskey
implementation (other than through JavaScript), and unfortunately,
accesskeys override the behaviour I want. =)

Basically, I'm just using a personal gripe to illustrate how broken the
current accesskey implementation is in many browsers.

Jon