Re: Access Keys

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:06:20 +0200 (MEST)
To: Dean Dyer <ddyer@mail.sunyjefferson.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> A question on access keys: how many of you actually use them on
> your sites?

I use them...

> If so, what do you use them for?  Every link?  Standard links?  Main
> navigation?  Seems like you could run out of keys, especially if you
> try to stay away from standard menu access keys.

...according to the "UK Government accesskey standard" [1].

By the way, there are several good WATS articles addressing access keys [2],
and to German readers, I recommend my own article on them [3].

[1]
http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/e-government/resources/handbook/html/2-4.asp#2.4.4
[2] http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awats.ca+%22access+keys
[3] http://meiert.com/de/releases/20041113/