RE: Is an empty alt attribute ok when...

Hi,

The idea with the noodles pic is to put the viewer in the place of someone
eating the noodles, followed by some noodle propaganda in the caption.

Although now you've pointed it out, my alt text it does seem rather poor.
Perhaps "Eating noodles with chopsticks" would better fulfil that function.

> Such descriptions (or even more detailed perhaps) belong in
> longdesc pages.
> The graph and the diagram of a water molecule are images that
> could particularly benefit from longdesc pages.

Yeah, I need to check up on browser support of longdesc...

Thanks for your comments,
Dave.

--
David Balch.          | Web developer.
T: +44 (0)1865 280979 | Technology-Assisted Lifelong Learning.

TALL, OUDCE and the University of Oxford accept no legal responsibility for
the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are only those
of the author and not those of TALL, or OUDCE, or the University of Oxford.
If this email has come to you in error please delete it and any attachments