RE: DHTML show/hide sections & screen readers

On Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:04 AM, Jon wrote:

> But still there is uncertainty why you did not go to a new
> page and you appear to be at the same spot you started.  Many
> users might think nothing happened and go somewhere else.

Agreed - which is why I've been experimenting with a similar technique that
uses real links to named anchors/fragment identifiers within the same page.
Theoretically they'll get announced as "this page link" or similar.
Theoretically the browser/screen reader should also move to that spot in the
page and read from there.

I'll try to post a sample as I'd love to see some other test results beyond
the testing I've been able to do so far...

Cheers,
Derek.
--
Derek Featherstone     feather@furtherahead.com
phone: 613.599.9784;   toll-free: 1.866.932.4878 (North America)