Use of headings

From: Janet Perkins Corbett <Perky@uwyo.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 18:36:42 -0600
To: <webaim-forum@list.webaim.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Our university is implementing Sungard-SCT's Luminis portal software,
we're in the development stage.  My role is to ensure that our
implementation is as accessible as it can be. There is much to be
desired about the entire software package, but one thing that I thought
might be do-able is to encourage the use of headings in channels. Here's
my question: do screen reader users depend much on the headings list?

The current list of headings is empty for most pages.

The list of links yields something like the following: focus minimize
focus minimize focus minimize delete focus minimize delete j a dash sig

Janet Perkins Corbett
Wyoming INstitute for Disabilities