RE: psl align alt tip with WAI quick tip

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:59:38 +0100
To: "'Dan Connolly'" <connolly@w3.org>, 'Dominique Hazael-Massieux' <dom@w3.org>
Cc: <www-qa@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> ran the validator, and saw this tip of the day:
>   Use the alt attribute
> That slug is phrased as technology just for the sake of it.

I think that's appropriate for a validator. Without an alt attribute a img
element isn't bad or low-quality, it's just plain wrong, like a car without
wheels. Picking appropriate values for the alt attribute is at a different
level of quality assurance I think.

Jon Hanna
Work: <http://www.selkieweb.com/>
Play: <http://www.hackcraft.net/>