Re: RSS Aggregator - accessibility points

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:01:38 +0200
To: "Matthew Smith" <matt@kbc.net.au>, "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:26:06 +0200, Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au> wrote:

> It's a pity that RSS doesn't have a per-channel or even per-item element
> giving accessibility data for the target page.  I suppose that the later
> (RDF) versions could incorporate this in some way, but I guess I'm just
> dreaming now <wink/>.

Hi Matthew

RSS 1.0 is RDF - RSS 2.0 isn't :-(

You could add a pointer to an EARL report. Dublin Core are finalising the
Accessibility element at the moment (it was accepted in principleat the
Shanghai meeting last Novemeber) so you could be one of the first
implementors :-)

If you do, be careful to make sure you are talkng about the accessibility
of the thing being pointed to, not the RSS item itself, if that's what you
mean.

Cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org