RSS Aggregator - accessibility points

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:56:06 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi All

I am putting together an RSS aggregator as part of a larger project.

1) Item titles (headlines) are links; should I use the title attribute
of the link (<a...> as oppposed to <link...>) to contain a statement
like: "full text of [headline]"?

2) Items will be able to classified/archived/etc.; once an operation has
been perfomed on an item, such as setting the archive flag in the
database, I was planning to return to that item's location in the
document using an anchor.  Would using a large number of anchors (one
per item in a page which could contain many items) cause any problems
with screen readers or other AT?

It's a pity that RSS doesn't have a per-channel or even per-item element
giving accessibility data for the target page.  I suppose that the later
(RDF) versions could incorporate this in some way, but I guess I'm just
dreaming now <wink/>.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy