Re: accessible on-line survey

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:46:15 +1000
To: "Marjolein Katsma" <iamback4now@yahoo.com>, "W3C WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: Dominique Hazaƫl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:00:04 +1000, Marjolein Katsma
<iamback4now@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org> wrote:
>
>> the best thing I have come across for this is W3C's WBS system.
>> Although it isn't the most beautiful, I know i has been regularly
>> used with success by screen reader users and others with different
>> disabilities, and I believe it is free Open Source*.
>
> I did some digging but cannot find any indication anywhere that it is,
> in fact, Open Source. It seems to be exclusively for and by the W3C.
>
> Releasing such a system as Open Source would be a very good idea!

Yes. I base my belief on the belief that W3C makes a commitment to release
its software under its open source license. I am starting to wonder if
that is actually true - they clearly do it for some things, but in other
cases don't seem to bother even providing access to the code - although a
lot of stuff is available somewhere in their public CVS tree on dev.w3.org
if you know where to look.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org