RE: label tag question

From: Jim Thatcher <jim@jimthatcher.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:24:48 -0500
To: "'Charles McCathieNevile'" <charles@sidar.org>, "'Patrick H. Lauke'" <redux@splintered.co.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Has anyone actually tested having the submit button inside a label element

> to perform the function of a label? Or is it not valid code? (I am
> thinking out loud, because I haven't got the spec in front of me)

I just found a site, http://www.hhs.state.tx.us/business/index.shtml, which
uses a label element around the search button. I tried it with JAWS,
Window-Eyes and HPR. None of them speak "search" when arriving at the edit
field.

I'm surprised. Well, another reason for using the title attribute!

Jim

Accessibility Consulting: http://jimthatcher.com/
512-306-0931