Re: Link Text and Metadata

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:22:21 +0100
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Matthew Smith wrote:

> My thinking is that using the extended description will allow the link
> to make sense, even if taken totally out of context.  Would this,
> however, create confusing clutter?

I would go for a title that combines the normal link text and the
DC.description (as, depending on verbosity settings, I think that
certain screenreaders and user agents may only choose to announce the
link text or the title - so having the link text in both places would be
the belt and braces approach):

company">Contact Us</a>

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com