From: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>
To: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 3:22 AM
Subject: Re: Link Text and Metadata

Matthew Smith wrote:

> My thinking is that using the extended description will allow the link
> to make sense, even if taken totally out of context.  Would this,
> however, create confusing clutter?

I would go for a title that combines the normal link text and the
DC.description (as, depending on verbosity settings, I think that
certain screenreaders and user agents may only choose to announce the
link text or the title - so having the link text in both places would be
the belt and braces approach):

company">Contact Us</a>

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com