Re: HTML Table Markup

Chris Ridpath wrote:

> Several other elements, such as tbody, thead and tfoot, are not permitted in
> layout tables[4].

My memory is rusty here, and its been a long long time since I
used a table for layout.

I do recall a few years ago that Internet Explorer (quite
possibly IE4.0) automagically inserted tbody into a table if it
was missing, regardless of the use of that table. When doing a
though it wasn't in the original HTML markup.

This may be a red herring, but I'm raising the flag just in case.

Mike