Re: HTML Table Markup

From: Isofarro <lists@isofarro.uklinux.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:49:24 +0100
To: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
CC: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Isofarro wrote:

> Chris Ridpath wrote:
>
>> Several other elements, such as tbody, thead and tfoot, are not
>> permitted in layout tables[4].
>

> My memory is rusty here, and its been a long long time since I used a
> table for layout.

Ahh... here you go. Using Internet Explorer 6. Visiting
<url:http://slashdot.org>. View source shows a table without
tbody. Do a File > Save As... and open that file in a text
editor. Now there's a tbody appearing.

I guess the question is - do these rogue tbody elements get used
by screen readers / speech browsers running on top of IE?

Mike