From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Patrick H. Lauke
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 12:50 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: The Problem with WCAG (was RE: CSS Techniques for WCAG 2.0)

Kurt_Mattes@bankone.com wrote:

> I fully understand the desire for simplified language - benefits go
> beyond accessibility for people with disabilities
>
> However, there is the law of many countries that require certain
> agreements to be written with specific language

That's why in WCAG1.0 it says
"14.1 Use the clearest and simplest language appropriate for a site's
content."
Notice the last part of that sentence.

If there is a legal requirement for certain ways of wording things, then
of course it would not be appropriate to simplify it further.

http://redux.deviantart.com

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you