Re: Skip Sections

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <andrew_kirkpatrick@wgbh.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:52:45 -0500
To: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

>> Alternatively, you could have kept the main story together and made the
>> "standards" and "commerce" stories occur after the main story in the HTML
>> but use CSS to position them.  This would avoid the need for the skip link
>> and header navigation would work well.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not really an option for insets.
> CSS float relies on the floated content appearing before what floats
> around it, while fixed or absolute positioning precludes the main
> story flowing around any kind of inset, and suffers from rather a
> lot of buggy implementations.

Not satisfied with "this should work, in theory"?  Yes, there are lots of
buggy CSS implementations.  I don't have a good example on hand that is an
exact parallel of your file.  I'll check around my favorites...

>> AWK
>
> Splendid initials for a computing man:-)  Coincidence?  Or are you
> young enough to have parents to whom they are meaningful?

Ha!  I'm happy to say that my parents didn't name me after a programming
language.  They are both pretty good at spelling, so I'm also certain that I
wasn't named after an extinct bird.

AWK