Re: Skip Sections

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:15:54 +0100 (BST)
To: Andrew Kirkpatrick <andrew_kirkpatrick@wgbh.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Andrew Kirkpatrick wrote:

> Alternatively, you could have kept the main story together and made the
> "standards" and "commerce" stories occur after the main story in the HTML
> but use CSS to position them.  This would avoid the need for the skip link
> and header navigation would work well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not really an option for insets.
CSS float relies on the floated content appearing before what floats
around it, while fixed or absolute positioning precludes the main
story flowing around any kind of inset, and suffers from rather a
lot of buggy implementations.

> AWK

Splendid initials for a computing man:-)  Coincidence?  Or are you
young enough to have parents to whom they are meaningful?

--
Nick Kew

Nick's manifesto: http://www.htmlhelp.com/~nick/