Re: [WAI-IG] Serving my page in the right language

From: Jesper Tverskov <jesper.tverskov@mail.tele.dk>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 12:12:50 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Here is a good argument for using HTTP language negotiation: Page Rank.
If you use different URLs, different domain names or paths, you split up
your content into different URLs. Linking web sites are not linking to
the same page.

I have been looking all over the net for information about the subject,
and I have found an interesting aspect: privacy. If you specify a list
of your preferred languages in the browser, this more or less sensitive
information is send to all web sites you visit. Let us say you specify
Russian, Hebrew and French. Together with other characteristics of your
browser, such information is enough to clearly identify you. You can be
traced, not as an anonymous surfer but as a very unique user profile all
over the Internet.

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov