aural css now speech css?

From: James Craig <wai-ig@cookiecrook.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:07:02 -0600

I've been off the lists for a while due to an SMTP problem here at work,
so I missed something important: yesterday, Jim Allan told me Aural CSS
was deprecated.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/aural.html#aural-media-group>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/media.html#media-types>

I searched and found this brief mention, but it doesn't explain much. It
looks as though all aural properties are now assigned to a 'speech'
media type. Is this correct? Does it map directly? Were any properties
removed?

My panic-attack is over (now that I know there is a replacement), but
can someone fill me in on why the change happened and the details of
what exactly has changed? I'm looking for a link to a page or to an
email thread archive.

Thanks in advance,
James Craig

--