Re: aural css now speech css?

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 22:16:03 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> I've been off the lists for a while due to an SMTP problem here at work,
> so I missed something important: yesterday, Jim Allan told me Aural CSS
> was deprecated.

I don't think it is deprecated in 2.1, I think it has just been made
non-normative because CSS 2.1 is supposed to represent the CSS that
you can reasonably expect to be supported in browsers, and to meet
the two compatible implementations requirement.

I expect it will go back in (to later versions of CSS) if and when there
are multiple real world implementations.