RE: Site Map

From: Reagan D. Lynch <rdlynch@overland.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:32:02 -0600 (CST)
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

The concept of site map is dated and should be deprecated.
Most users
understand the concept of table of contents much better.

This might be true but many sites still use a site map,
and search engines find them easy to spider.

Also if I recall I believe the guidelines still refer to a
site map.

No matter if you call it a site map or a table of contents
it's all the same in the end.

However for a five page site I wouldn't use a site map
especially if all the content is linked together in an
easy to follow format.

Best,

Reagan D. Lynch