Realizations [was: Re: Joe wrote: "There is no plan of action available to you in order to accommodate learning-disabled visitors"]

On 21 Jan, RUST Randal wrote:

> is not the same as the next. At some point, we have to realize that
> there simply is no way to cater to every single person's needs and
> wants. Not even a strictly textual page can do this because of language

  What was realized - by "experts" - some ten years ago is this:

     There is no way we, as content authors, can correctly predict and
     adapt to every single visitor's physical reality. We need to create
     systems that will allow us to organize information so that each
     visitor can gain access to it and have it presented to them in the
     manner that best suits those same needs

  Those are the systems that Vannevar Bush envisioned, that William
  Tunnicliffe suggested, that Tim Berners-Lee made practical, and that
  some of us have strived to make a reality since the early 1990ies.

  Today, after ten years of running backwards, we have gotten a wholenew
  crop of experts to help us, and we are not getting -anywhere-. That's
  my realization of today; it has been long in coming, and I must thank
  the WAI-IG list for helping me get there.

   [+46] 0708 557 905