Re: Some questions as to WCAG interpretation [was: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: On-line course on accessible web design]

From: Tim Roberts <tim@wiseguysonly.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:24:01 +0000
To: tina@greytower.net, WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org

Indeed Tina, it is not very good for a site promoting education in web
accessibility not to be accessible itself. Moreover it is even worse to claim
accessibility by use of a recognized logo-scheme when your site is not upto
the standards it claims. Misleading I would say.

This is one of the reasons why I never use these logos on my sites. We can
all screw up, but the magnitude of our cock-ups increases when we brag about
how good we are.

Tim