RE: anchors and Bobby

From: P.H.Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:28:53 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> From: Chris Lewis [mailto:LewisCM@Cardiff.ac.uk]

> I think this is a bug in Bobby.

Not sure if it's a bug as such, or just my erroneous
interpretation of WCAG, but...another one I've come across recently -
throwing the "Do not use the same link phrase more than once
when the links point to different URLs" error - happens
when, granted, you have the same link phrases, but use different
title attributes to make the links unique (e.g. on our homepage's
news items, the "[more]" links have expanded titles made unique
by having the news item title added to them).

Or is the reliance of title attributes not a valid way around it ?
(I seem to recall a recent discussion on this list, but don't think
we came to some definitive conclusion on it)

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk