Re: anchors and Bobby

From: Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:43:37 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> If I use “id” (http://www.timon.com/bobby2.html) instead of
> “name” Bobby doesn’t report errors.

Why are you using name? Backwards compatibility?
Does anyone know if the need for name is still a pressing backwards
compatibility issue?

BTW. There is no need to use the <a> element when you are using id, you can put
the id onto any element in the content. I prefer to put it on an element that
encloses the entire section that I'm referring to by the fragment, adding a
<h2>, <h3> or whatever <hX> tag I'm using for the heading of the section.

--
Jon Hanna
<http://www.hackcraft.net/>