RE: MouseKeys and Accessibility

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:49:31 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Is MouseKeys an alternative to making a website accessible for the
> keyboard in the traditional sense of "tabbing" from link to link,
> short-cut keys, etc.?

I'd say that it can get VERY tedious and frustrating using mouse keys
when you have to move across a lot of screen space even for simple tasks.

I'd see them as a last resort, or rather a poor excuse for a proper
solution.

IMHO, anyway (and no, I'm not a regular mouse keys user either, so take
this as my outsider's opinion)

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford