RE: More scripting thoughts Pt. 2 (was RE: Accessible road maps)

From: Mike Barta <mikba@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:26:31 -0700
To: <sdale@stevendale.com>, <foliot@wats.ca>
Cc: <accessys@smart.net>, <Kurt_Mattes@bankone.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

 I would disagree here.  A web page can be a document, it can just as
easily be an application.  If we consider that page == file then the
point is well made, but if page == URI then the browser, while being
capable of displaying simple files, can be seen as an output device for
whatever lives at that URI.

As a guideline we need to recommend practices for making accessible
experiences for both of these cases by not limiting our focus to a
single technology, e.g. html, but to any technology used for URI
addressable 'content'.

/m