RE: [WAI-IG] Date & number format

From: <Kurt_Mattes@bankone.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 08:12:16 -0500
To: <jon@hackcraft.net>, <lois@lois.co.uk>
Cc: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you

Here is an easy to understand reason for designs that use short dates that has nothing to do
with the intellect level of the client - data base limitations.  Many sites use data base driven
content.  I believe achieving a and b below is impossible on the world wide web.  Clearly
stating the date format used on a site [or page of a site] and consistently following that format
should minimize date confusion for ALL users.  This applies to both rendered dates as well as
input formats on forms.

Kurt Mattes
Application Development Analyst-Lead Developer
(302) 282-1414
Kurt_Mattes@bankone.com